6/21/08

Fat bitch.

Twice today I was reminded that I'm fat. I don't need reminding, people. I look in the mirror every day.

(I'm not looking for any pity or anyone to tell me that I'm beautiful or tell me not to be upset, blah blah blah--i've owned it. I am what I am. It is what it is)

I was at Footlocker looking at sneakers. I wear a size 11 in women's which is rather hard to find, but not impossible. So I'm talking to the guy @ Footlocker..."we don't carry any women's size 11...you're going to have to look at men's." Me: "well, men's shoes tend to be too big across the toes, I'll just go to another store." "The shoes are mostly unisex...(looks at my feet)...you have fat feet so men's shoes should fit you fine. Let me see if I can find some you like." wtf....who says that???? "you have fat feet"?????? not a way to sell shoes, fuckface. So I spent the next two hours feeling self-conscious about my feet, which by the way ARE NOT FAT. Especially for a size 11...yeah my feet are big...but they aren't fat. I can't wear women's wide shoes....they are too big. I don't have fat feet.

Then I was looking for a parking spot at another corner of the mall. I saw someone backing out, and stopped right behind them. Some asshole behind me pulled really close to me so that I couldn't back up at all. Then turned his signal on. I already had mine on. So I thought about just going on to look for another parking spot but I didn't. The person in the spot pulled out so that I could get in...what a dear. I had room to turn because the car I was in was rather small, just required a sharp turn. Anyhow, as I'm pulling into the spot, asshole behind me yells out the window, "FAT BITCH!" Okay. You got me. You threw the "f" word out there. I'm fat. Thanks for reminding me.

Ever notice how the word "fat" just makes being called a "bitch" ineffective. You could have just yelled, "hey fatty" and left the same effect.

You know, I know I'm "fat", "overweight"--whatever you want to call it. I've owned that. But why do people take every opportunity to point that out to me? Really????

/rant.

P.S. I'm not looking for anyone to tell me I'm beautiful, blah blah. Being fat and being beautiful are not mutually exclusive. I'm a bad motherfucker, no one has to tell me that.

No comments: