8/27/08

August 26. YES!!!!

So for the past four months I've been working on my boss' campaign for city council. He was appointed in March but the seat was up for election. We have spent endless hours campaigning, designing ads, designing the logo, sending out letters, making phone calls, raising money, etc....everything that goes into the campaign machine. And yesterday all of the hard work came to fruition. He won 73% of the vote...an amazing feat, even for an incumbent. Now I'm no fool, i know he did most of the work, and it was mostly about him and his relationship with the citizens of his community but I couldnt help but feel incredibly proud of myself and the work that I had done. I spent many hours at night, weekends, away from my husband, have barely kept up with friends and it was an unbelievalbe experience. I learned so much.

Now I have to spend some time catchin up with my husband, family & friends who i've neglected in the past few months.

I must admit, though, last night when the victory party was over I was driving home. I couldn't help but feel a little sadness. This campaign had become my baby. I had put so much effort and time into it that I couldnt imagine not thinking about the next finance report being due,how much money we had raised to date, sending out flyers, etc...I found myself wondering what I was going to do this weekend....if not campaigning.

No comments: