9/8/08

Isabella



A week ago today I witnessed the most amazing thing i ever have in my life. my niece, Isabella was born to my younger sister, Brandi.




The whole experience was incredible. I was at the hospital when my nephew Jacob was born, and was 17 when my brother was born. I've held newborn babies before. But it has never affected me the way Isabella has. I don't know if it's the fact that I was actually there when she was born or because I am getting to the age where if i'm going to have children, i'd like to do it soon. But i'm still torn on the subject. apart from not likely being able to naturally have children, i am not really in a place to adopt. but the desire is definitely there. it could fade, or it might not. but i know that when i look at her, i see perfection. innocence. blank canvas. it's such an amazing feeling to just hold her in my hands. i know i'm not amerigo vespucci (sp?) here, discovering america. i'm not the only one who has ever felt this way, i'm certain. But the feeling is new to me.




ANyway, enough about me and my feelings. look at this beautiful child...




No comments: